Thursday, March 6, 2014

First Three Miniature Sheets - Post Independent India

I have now added these three absolute gems to my collection of Indian stamps. The first three miniature sheets of India which were long missing in my collection. About a year back, I had made reference to the gaps in my India collection. Then, it was two stamps and three miniature sheets to make it 100% complete

All miniature sheets are now part of my collection. So its down to just the two stamps. 1. 1948 - Mahatma Gandhi - Rs 10 and 2. 1994 - Water birds - Re 1.

First miniature sheet was issued on Nov 14, 1973 - 'Indipex 73' India International Philatelic Exhibition. It contains 4 imperf. stamps similar to the individual perforate issues released on the same date. The imperf. stamps from the sheet were not valid individually.


Second miniature sheet - Apr 15, 1974 - Masks


And the third miniature sheet - Oct 10, 1974 - UPU Centenary


Do feel free to add your thoughts, comments or suggestions
NOTE: Please click on the images for a larger view / closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment